Back to my welding gear for the next repair. I got a front bull bar from Simon, but it needed a bit of work.
There are some scrapes on the bar where rust has attacked and gone under the plastic coating. These will mostly clean up OK, but there was one patch under the bar where the rust had gone through into a hole.
Having bought a short length of 32mm tube, the first job was to cut out the rusty section.
As this was partly on a bend, I decided it needed two separate repair pieces, which were cut from the new 32mm tube.
After tacking the first one in, the second piece was offered up and trimmed to size.
After fully welding both pieces. excess weld was ground back to leave a reasonable result. This will be painted and should look fine afterwards.