Today’s job was to reassemble the front propshaft. The new universal joint kits arrived yesterday. They are genuine Hardy Spicer HS166 units. I found these on ebay, being sold in the USA. Still the cost of the two plus shipping was only about £25. Funny to think that these were made about 10 miles from where I live, and have made the round trip to America and back.
I had painted the propshaft, after rust removal, and so the joints were fitted and grease added. So here is a sequence of the stages in the process and the finished propshaft.
Firstly, the prop was put in the electrolytic bath, as I mentioned previously. That removed all the rust over a couple of days.
After wire brushing, the prop was disassembled. Then painted with a coat of red oxide and a finish of hammerite black.
The other news was the door I had ordered from Portugal has arrived. This will now be prepped and painted, ready to be fitted. Thanks to Jorge at UMMonline4x4
- This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by mrmosky.