I have cut out the panel to fit the new wheel arch, but before I can weld it in, there are some repairs needed to the inner panels of the body.
In order to make this easier, I decided to remove the rear axle. It will need to come out anyway for rust removal.
So here it is. It was easier than I thought it would be, as all the spring bolts, and the dampers were not seized solid.
I wire brushed it briefly, and the rust was coming off nicely, so maybe it won’t have to be shot blasted. We’ll see. As mentioned before, this is the GKN type axle.
So that was good progress today. The weather is forecast fine for tomorrow too.