Alter LWB Restoration

Forums Forums UMM Alter II Alter LWB Restoration

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

Here is the window frame, ready to accept the replacement glass. The glass can be removed and replaced by flexing the frame vertically. This gives enough clearance to enable the glass to come out of its tracks.  The assembled frame can then be refitted into the door. It goes in from the outside, with the rubber carefully prised into position on the door frame.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

Abd here it is all fitted together again – and no rattles!

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

The gear selector knob split into two pieces the other week.  I looked at getting another one the same, but original peugeot ones are quite expensive, as they were also used on the popular 205.

So I decided to make one out of some aluminium that I had in the shed.  That won’t break!

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

Today was a bit of a milestone in that I have welded the last repair section on the exterior bodywork. This piece is on the rear, right hand side.

There will be more welding on the inside floor eventually, but for now, I am going to concentrate on getting the exterior ready for painting. So plenty of filler and rubbing down to do!

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

The indicators are fitted and working, also the headlamps. These are not the ones I will be using finally, but I want to keep them safe and unused until the UMM is ready for the road. The wipers work too. Almost all electrical systems are now operational, although the brake lights will have to wait until I have fitted them on the back.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

The new brake pipes and rear flex hose are now fitted, the brakes are bled and so there are brakes on all four wheels at last. The only thing that remains on the brakes is to fit new discs. This will be done just before the MOT, as I don’t want them to go rusty, sitting on the car.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

I removed the rear side windows to make painting the top rear panel easier. It also gave the opportunity ot clean the sliding windows. They now run much more freely.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

Once the paint is fully hardened, I’ll refit these.  The bottom side panels will be the next things to prepare for painting. Then pretty much all the painting will be completed.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

I moved it over to the side of the drive today, to sort out the working area a bit. It gave an opportunity for a photograph too.

mrmoskymrmosky
    Participant

Right hand side panels are now all painted. The storage compartment door is also fitted. Now i can start on the other side.

Viewing 10 posts - 101 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.