New mud terrain tyres

Forums Forums General Questions New mud terrain tyres

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fritz

When I bought my Umm it had ‘all terrains” fitted but these just weren’t meaty enough for offroad use..

I found that Maxxis Buckshot Mudders in size 235/85r16 fit and are very good in the mud and not so bad on the road (they seem better than the more road biased all terrains I had on before!)

– my springs are a bit tired though so the tyres just rub the rear plastic trim when at full axle articulation. They don’t catch the front springs on full lock either.

I got them from a tyre shop running out of a garden centre in the midlands – I found this company via ebay – just look up maxxis buckshot. Although this size wasn’t listed I contacted the chap and he had them delivered to me next day! The service was outstanding – they really did arrive the next morning and the price was even better just over a hundred pounds each, my local tyre shop charging me twenty pounds to fit and balance them.

nb. I am more careful going through speed cameras and watching the speed around town as I think the speedo is now showing a lower reading now the tyres are larger!

fritz

Anonymous
    Inactive

On a similar thread …. Has anyone tried using super wide tyres on an UMM ?…. always wanted to try this and wondered what the pitfalls were ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘New mud terrain tyres’ is closed to new replies.