New owner

Forums Forums UMM Alter II New owner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    I recently bought the red Umm in Devon from ebay, link I haven’t collected it yet, but should be doing so in about a weeks time. I will most likely be pestering you good folks for various parts and information, so please bear with me. I’ll post up my thought and impressions on the vehicle once I’ve got it. I’ve never had/driven an Umm before so this will be a new experience for me.

Chris

fritz

Good work! If you’re fine with agricultural you’ll get along well in one. Excellent offroad and towing.

I have seen this one a couple of times when I’ve been in that part of Devon in mine, looked good roaring past. Are you taking the second ‘for parts’ UMM too?

Regarding soft top hoops, I am hoping to borrow a set and have some copied for myself, I can look at getting another set done as well. Where are you based?

regards,

fritz

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Fritz,
    I’m currently unsure about the second one as I don’t have space for it, however my brother is interested in it if it can be returned to the road … We’ll see.

As for the hoops, I’d definitely be interested in a set if you were getting some made, possibly even 2 sets if my brother has the second Umm.

I’m located in Lincs but travel around a bit with work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Collection is scheduled for tomorrow and the 250 mile drive home should be interesting.
    Someone suggested using galvanised conduit for a frame for a rag top, I may give it a try.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have Umm, driven from deepest Devon to Lincolnshire last Saturday without issue.
    After the 250 mile drive I am quite pleased.
    The MOT is due in 3 weeks, so lets see what that brings up … so far all I can see it needing is a few bulbs, but I haven’t seen underneath it yet.

Have a few pictures:
    IMG_20150307_155449_zps263255cc.jpg

IMG_20150307_155409_zps8929bc21.jpg

IMG_20150307_155418_zps207aca7b.jpg

IMG_20150307_155638_zps1d21a261.jpg

The bed will need a bit of welding, although as it’s not structural I don’t think this will affect the MOT.

IMG_20150308_090922_zpsf24b9e11.jpg

Chris

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very god Umm turbo.transan scunthorpe

I acquired the second one from Devon and it heads Gloucester way on Tuesday or Wednesday and will live in the Forest.

fritz

Ahh excellent, I saw the red one buzzing through Sidmouth a few times. Looks good!

Easy work welding that bed back up too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘New owner’ is closed to new replies.