Starter Motor Wanted

Forums Forums UMM Alter II Starter Motor Wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So, the battery is new, earth straps are sound but still only a click from the starter solenoid (even after a tickle from a 4lb tapping stick).

Anyone got either a part number of the whole thing? NA 2.5D circa ’95

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

Take it out —- Run it on the bench to prove that it is (or is vot) the starting motot

Anonymous
    Inactive

Full of rust and siezed solid, still looking for a replacement. I have looked at one from an ldv400 that looks the same apart from the sprocket (too many teeth)

Anonymous
    Inactive

same motor starter peugeut 505 504

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, I’m after a D9R 105 apparently. There are some 23 variants of the 505 both petrol and diesel, not all will fit. Others I have come across are Cevam 3482, Unipart GXE4981, Valeo D9R 95, the list goes on. Digging a little deeper the quoted Kw ratings seen to vary from 2.2Kw to 3Kw but all still show compatability. Umm what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would normally opt fot the higher rated unit but for something so simple how can they be so different? Who and how were the measurements taken? It’s enough to drive you to drink.

Anonymous
    Inactive

all umm precision to pick up battery 90ww mininum.try hitting the starter motor with hammer to move because long time car stop .

fritz

If I were you I’d send this away to be reconditioned (that’s what I’m about to do with mine), there may even be someone in your local town who can do it for you. Make sure not to throw it away at least until you have a replacement that definitely fits!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Starter Motor Wanted’ is closed to new replies.