Replacement Rear drums alter 2

Forums Forums General Questions Replacement Rear drums alter 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathan-Langley2468
    Participant

Hi all I have Mot booked tomorrow afternoon I adjusted the rear brakes but when I reverse back then N/S rear locks up, shaken it off and it’s fine but the brakes are pants. I can only assume the drum is bent (probably damaged when the wheel fell off ? (ALWAY CHECK YOUR WHEEL NUTS!! ?) dose anyone know a alternative part number for the drums? I know it is a Dana 44 axel and the same stud pattern as a Dodge and jeep

Thanks you

mrmosky
    Participant

Hi mate,

I doubt the drum is bent. But you never know.
    It’s worth trying to adjust the rear again. Adjust the handbrake cables first. That sometimes helps.
    Geoff

Nathan-Langley2468
    Participant

Thanks Geoff I have tried the cables, when I adjusted the N/S there is one point on the rotation that binds that makes me think it is the drum that is damaged especially as it is also the side the wheel came off and the weight of the thing slamming  it onto the road at 20mpg with a bang. I have some coming tomorrow for a jeep to try you never know

thanks Nathan

mrmosky
    Participant

Another possibility would be to get the drum skimmed. There is usually enough metal thickness to allow for a high spot to be turned off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.