UMM Transcat for sale !!! at auction on 13th May 2018

Forums Forums UMM Transcat UMM Transcat for sale !!! at auction on 13th May 2018

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  peterwhadcoat 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ookmooi
    ookmooi
    Keymaster

Please Peter, do not send more pictures. Unless you upload them yourself in an additional reply. The little picture icon will give you the oportunity to upload 3 pictures.
    Thanks,
    Administrator

mrmosky
    mrmosky
    Participant

Is there any other information about this Transcat? Overall mechanical and body condition. Any more photographs. It’s a long way to go to the auction to find out that it is a non-runner.
    Cheers
    Geoff

There is white smoke on turn of key but given high revs for about a minute and a half runs clean.
    It has had a re-manufactured clutch which is still under warranty and I have been advised is good. Warranty document from Mr. Clutch will be included.
    It had a new cylinder head gasket which is good. Tyres are in very good condition. Vehicle is used every day.
    Bodywork will need some attention.

mrmosky
    mrmosky
    Participant

Hi Peter,
    Thanks for posting the further information. The white smoke sounds to me like one or more of the glow plugs (heaters) is not working.
    Geoff

The transact will have a new battery. Has spare wheel in back.

THE AUCTION SALE IS THE 13th MAY 2018 — NOT THE 14th

As seen in the interior photo of Transact, I have been driving around using a 1950’s door knob as a gear knob. I have the original Transact gear knob that I will include as well.

mrmosky
    mrmosky
    Participant

It is a shame for you to sell it Peter; you have obviously made it your own.

Geoff

ookmooi
    ookmooi
    Keymaster

Please Peter, do not send more pictures. Unless you upload them yourself in an additional reply. The little picture icon will give you the oportunity to upload 3 pictures.
    Thanks,
    Administrator

mrmosky
    mrmosky
    Participant

Well, I was surprised at the winning bid for this. At £2800 it easily exceeded the auctioneers estimate. Well done Peter!

Geoff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.