George Traceys umm

Forums Forums UMM Alter II George Traceys umm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    seoirse1980
    Participant

Where did you get a gaiter pack from? My gear lever one has split..

Also – when you bleed the clutch you want to be doing it from the bottom up. Ie. from the clutch slave. I presume you have cut the inspection hatch into lower part of the angled panel to the right of the heater (to the left of your legs)? You need to do that to get to the clutch slave then make a bleeder out of an oil pump pot and a length of clear tube, then open the nipple on the clutch slave and pump from the bottom of the system to the top. Obviously make sure it doesnt pour out of the top. I usually start from a dry system..

Snorkel kit – probably have to make your own. Rubber flare arches I would try the flexible ones that you can get for defenders.

For lining material I would suggest megavanmats who do an ultra stretch material – used lots for vw vans and the like.

Mine is always fine on emissions though I know Lance always used to drop a can of diesel redex into his before the test and take it for a good motorway blast!

Have to do the brakes soon on mine, do you know what discs and pads to get??

fritz

Where did you get a gaiter pack from? My gear lever one has split..

Also – when you bleed the clutch you want to be doing it from the bottom up. Ie. from the clutch slave. I presume you have cut the inspection hatch into lower part of the angled panel to the right of the heater (to the left of your legs)? You need to do that to get to the clutch slave then make a bleeder out of an oil pump pot and a length of clear tube, then open the nipple on the clutch slave and pump from the bottom of the system to the top. Obviously make sure it doesnt pour out of the top. I usually start from a dry system..

Snorkel kit – probably have to make your own. Rubber flare arches I would try the flexible ones that you can get for defenders.

For lining material I would suggest megavanmats who do an ultra stretch material – used lots for vw vans and the like.

Mine is always fine on emissions though I know Lance always used to drop a can of diesel redex into his before the test and take it for a good motorway blast!

Have to do the brakes soon on mine, do you know what discs and pads to get??

Anonymous

I ordered everything through http://www.pecas-umm.com they’re based in Portugal. I couldn’t translate the website automatically on my PC, so I used google translate to check part names etc.
    I’ll dig out the part numbers.

Got gaiters, new lights, door cards, discs, drums, filters, spicers..,, and the list goes on. They have the lot

Thought I subscribed to this thread, must have gone to junk folder. Thanks for the reply

George

fritz

wow excellent! That’s a great resource! How did you hear about this?

seoirse1980
    Participant

[img][/img][img][/img]

Anonymous

Some pics of the welding
    6fz5c-image.jpg
    239mn-image.jpg
    x651g-image.jpg

Anonymous

Nearly there now, went down on the brakes during the mot/doe.
    Ordered some up from Portugal. Just the nice things now, winch needs painting, electric heated leather seats are in. Carpet lined rear and front
    41kf5-image.jpg
    57226-image.jpg
    9pddh-image.jpg

fritz

Looks like a labour of love with all of the welding, nice work!

….heated seats?! Next level UMM comfort!

Looking pretty smart. How is the winch powered?

Anonymous

Super winch powered by the pto, looking for a bigger engine for comfort now and that’s her. 😛

fritz

damn that looks really smart in that paint too.

Hold up. PTO?!!! Can you forward pictures and details of this? I’ve been after a PTO to suit mine (the same) for as long as I’ve had him!

Also considered an engine change – currently considering Audi 3.0 TDV6 out of an A4 or A6.

Anonymous

I’ll get on that, had it out yesterday and the accelerator stuck open whilst giving her welly

fritz

George – did you take any pictures of the pto on the gearbox? Any part numbers or more info about it? I REALLY want to find one!!

thanks,

fritz

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘George Traceys umm’ is closed to new replies.