Rag top

Forums Forums Parts Forum Rag top

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    I am currently looking for a canvas roof and hoops to fit an Alter II, any details on where I can find one or places that could potentially make me a roof much appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

fritz

Hey Chris,

I plan on changing my stationwagon to a pickup soon and will be doing similar. I was going to use steel tubing that I’ll, cut, bend and weld to fit. You should see where the attachment holes are already in the pickup bed sides? I was going to get it galvanized afterwards.

As for the cloth top I’d look at your local sailmakers/boat cover makers. I have a friend who runs a business in Southampton called Sail Style that I was thinking about asking or I was going to pop up to Exmoor Trim (famous for making rag tops for landrovers) to see if they could make a custom one or adapt a landy one to suit. They have quite an array. Theres also a charity that employs disabled people near us called PLUSS, they do tons of stuff but have a fabric manufacturing place where they make up boat covers, camper van interiors etc – they’ve done tonneau covers for one of my sports cars before, maybe you’ve somewhere like this near you?

Let us know how you get on and stick up some pictures!

fritz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.